When running a business, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. Ruts, even if they are making you money, are not good for you or your business. If you are doing things the same way day after day, you will not create or see new opportunities and might not identify market or industry changes until your business dries up.
To keep profits rolling in, you need to be proactive.
When someone offers you change, do you resist? Are your first words, “It won’t work,” or “We can’t do it that way,” or “It will cost way too much?”
Here are a few suggestions if you’re feeling stuck:
- Try a new marketing method you’ve never tried before.
- Attend an industry conference; it will cost a lot of money but will be worth it.
- Sign up for a marketing or management seminar.
- Test market a new product or new service.
- Learn how to market online, if you haven’t done so before.
- Learn how to network yourself online.
You never know what new idea will spark new business for your company. Recently, I experimented with networking myself and my company online and am currently testing a new product. Both have proven to be successful.